Tuesday, September 22, 2015

So what's the status?

I've been getting these questions a lot lately from people who follow my blog...what's going on? How's the fertility situation going? When is your next IVF round?

I wish I could answer the question, but unfortunately IVF is still on hold :(

Life has been crazy and I've been dealing with medical issues since June 14...not that I'm keeping track or anything. I've met with all sorts of doctors and unfortunately still searching for a diagnosis. I am frustrated beyond belief as I feel my own life has been put on hold.

The clock is ticking for Baby #2- I hear it tick in my head all day every day. As much as I want (and sometimes do) say it's not fair, I try my best to keep focus on my Olivia. Dr. Binor has always said that he thought something internally was going on with my body that wouldn't allow me to carry another child. After two years of him saying this, I know he was right.

Since early June I've had dozens and dozens of symptoms that tend to completely change after so many weeks. I've been dizzy, nauseous, fatigued, hot, cold, jittery, swollen, flushed, burning- and the list goes on. Once I think I've figured out triggers, the next day offers something different. As of right now I know it's positional, sensitive to hot/cold, caffeine and stress. So far I've met with Neurologists, Cardiologists, Electrophysiologist and an Endocrinologist. They've ruled out Lupus, MS, Carcinoid Syndrome, Adrenal failure, Brain tumor/swelling/aneurysm.

Next appointment is with an Immunologist to test for Mast Cell Activation. I've been doing my research and though I have some symptoms, I'm not confident that this is the answer. Perhaps I'm just being a negative nelly, but something tells me that the journey to getting a diagnosis is far out of reach at this point. The light at the end of the tunnel feels non existent.

Until I get a diagnosis- I will have to put IVF to the side. Definitely not what I want, but it's what's needed.

Thanks to those who have thought of me and checked in. The support means so much.

Cross your fingers and say a little prayer that I'll get some answers next week...eek!






No comments:

Post a Comment