Sunday, April 5, 2015

Thankful...

Ever since becoming a Mom, holidays have an even more special meaning to me. I do my best to make each and every holiday a little more magical for Olivia. I try going above and beyond because in the back of mind I know, she may be my only child. Spoiled? Beyond belief, but I don't mind.

The day I became a mother I also became the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy and Santa Clause. Some people may take these roles for granted...I don't. I've introduced her to these imaginary characters and it is my responsibility to provide the magic to let her imagination run wild. There is an importance to the actions I take in making her holidays special. Thirty years from now I want her to look back at her childhood and have a sense of fulfillment. When Christmas comes around and she is married with kids, I want her to always think of me as she is trying to do good for her own children. I want to be able to look back and know that I did everything in my power to make my daughter feel special.

Last night we stayed up late to make sure the house was clean and her basket was hidden. I grated carrots to make it look like it was nibbled on by an oversized bunny. We put a trail of carrots on the floor leading to the hiding spot. Then we went to bed. I was up every hour last night with excitement for my daughter. She's only two years old and even though she refused to visit the Easter Bunny this year, I know I'll eventually get her to have a change of heart. She will fall in love with this character just like I did when I was a child.

This morning was perfect. Olivia woke up and was amazed by the trail of carrot nibbles. More so that her Mom and Dad allowed a bunny to break in while we were sleeping and make a mess all over the floor. She was even a little disgusted at the bits of carrot that were on her piggies as she was trying to follow the trail. But when her face lit up the moment she found her basket, I knew I got her....she's starting to believe in this fairy tale Easter Bunny and I am loving every single moment.

Even though our morning started off with a bang, my poor little peanut came down with the stomach flu. Never good timing, but we got to be cozy and cuddle in bed watching our friends Mickey and Sheriff Callie. As I type this blog entry, my little love is laying next to me sleeping...



Our Easter day fizzled out too soon, but I am forever grateful for this child. I LOVE that I get to be a Mom, her Mom. Even if I am not blessed with another child, I at least was blessed with this sweet girl and for that, I am thankful.

Look at this sweet face...I mean, come on. 


Easter egg hunt in our jammies this morning...don't mind the lack of makeup :)



Do you remember a few blog entries ago when I was sad and I asked God to let me hold on to these little moments for as long as possible? This is one of those moments. She is sick in bed and she needs her Mama. I can't fathom the day when she will be too old for the Easter Bunny or too cool to snuggle with me. Stay little forever my Olivia. I'm not ready for you to get big yet...

Happy Easter Everyone.

P.S. sorry it's been a while since my last entry...life has been hectic, but I promise I'll get better at this. Not much has changed fertility wise. We're still looking to try again in June. Stay tuned...


No comments:

Post a Comment